Saturday, October 2, 2010

The Swiss Army Knife Car

My car is an interesting place to find yourself.  Not because I am a bad driver, (althought I have to admit some people might argue this point...getting sued after being in an accident doesn't neccessarily mean you are a horrible driver, right?) but because of the...um...landscape.  It used to embarrass me.  Ok, it still does embarrass me sometimes, but I'm learning to love my car.  (I will post a picture of the last time I "cleaned" out the car at the bottom of the page for your viewing pleasure.) It feels...comfortable.  It's comfortable because it's got everything you could ever need in there!  It's like a swiss army knife (only not.) 

It has plenty of food, should you get hungry:

- A half-eaten breakfast bar (Ella never seems to finish her "snack" that her belly was "so hungry for")
- Some of Ella's animal crackers that escaped an early death and are now hanging out in the "car 
   organizer" (at least it is organizing something, even if that something is trash!)
- Noah's puffs in his carseat (cause, really...1 out of 10 make it in his mouth, but he does try hard so he is
    probably destined to get some"Best Effort" awards, just like his mother)
- A banana peel.  Oh, wait...guess you wouldn't want to eat that. 
- There is usually a half-filled water bottle or fast food cup filled with a liquid-like substance sitting
   somewhere.

It is well-stocked for all your cleaning emergencies:

-  Wipes
-  Wipes
-  More wipes
- Wadded up kleenexs (Clean ones!  Although...it does get difficult to tell the dirty from the clean if we're
    being honest!)
-  Grocery Bags (because you have to throw everything somewhere, right?)

It has something for your entertainment:

-  It's a great place to play "I Spy"
-  You could easily do arts and crafts with all the fun stuff laying around
-  You could even play hangman in the dust on the dashboard


So, tell me...what's not to like about our car?  I think it's just perfect.  The "landscape" may not look like "everyone" says it's supposed to look, but it serves our family well.  I think following God is like that sometimes.  (No, you don't have to be dirty to follow God.)  In my car, I have exactly what I need and I get to where I need to go...even if it doesn't look how "everyone" says it should.  When you follow God, He gives you exactly what you need and you're going exactly where you want to go.

  The LORD will guide you always;
       he will satisfy your needs in a sun-scorched land
       and will strengthen your frame.
       You will be like a well-watered garden,
       like a spring whose waters never fail.

                                  Isaiah 58:11

                                                

1 comment: