Monday, September 27, 2010

The Bucket

Beginning last Wednesday night there has been a stomach bug running rampant in my home.  In fact, yesterday was the first day that no one was labeled "sick" (notice I didn't say the first day no one threw up.)  Using my great wisdom, I decided to get our mop bucket and use it as a puke-catcher.  It caught most of Noah's, a little of Ella's, none of Chip's...and I am praying it won't be fortunate (unfortunate?) enough to catch mine.  In the course of those 4 to 5 days, I found myself on my knees cleaning my floor 20, maybe even 25 times.  I got SO tired of it that I was ready to scream at the next person who DARED to throw up on MY floor.  Ok, ok...so this wasn't the godly attitude that I am supposed to have, but I did learn something.  As repulsed as I was to be cleaning that floor yet again...Christ had to be even more repulsed to have face our sins, being the sinless and holy being that He was and is.  And He did not do it just for a family of four, like I did, but for the whole world.  Wow.

No comments:

Post a Comment