Wednesday, April 4, 2012

and the winner is...

me!  of course.  and you! ... if you have decided to give couponing a chance.

I told you I'd follow up to yesterday's post so...

Here's what I scored this morning at Harris Teeter:
basil, mozarella cheese, lunch meat, 2 packs of cinnamon rolls, cascade dish detergent packs, two boxes of organic whole wheat pasta, 2 steamfresh green bean packs (love these!), 2 ginormous boxes of tampons, a crap ton of easter eggs, 15 ct. allegra, 2 greek yogurts, 3 cans of grands biscuits, cheerios, 2 homestyle macaroni and cheese, great grains cereal, bread, applesauce, AA batteries, alfredo sauce, peanut butter, 2 cans of pineapple, 4 lean cuisines, 4 packs of green giant frzn veggies, 2 bottles of head & shoulders, turkey dogs, 2 boxes of kids yogurt, 2 cans mandarin oranges & toothpaste (free!!)
                                                                                                 ...yeah, a picture would be easier, huh?
Before coupons or preffered member pricing, I would've paid $154.56 for all of this...but I paid $83.37.  That's a savings of $71.19!  Heck yes! (as Napoleon would say)  I must have coupon skills...you can borrow them if you want.  (btw - I like your puffy sleeves)

            woah - sorry...back on track...

Couple of other things you've know about this picture:

  1. Allegra is in the front purple box (originally 15.49, but I paid $6.49...I had a $7 coupon, those make my month)
  2. I had several other expensive items like $10 worth of lean cuisine (because sometimes I just like to not have to think about what I'm gonna fix to eat....can I get an Amen?)
  3. On the far left is hydroponic basil.  I know, I had no clue what that meant either...but it is a little mini basil plant in the bag that's supposed to stay fresh longer if you keep the roots moist.  That was my one splurge (it wasn't on sale and I didn't have a coupon), but seriously, you think Wal-Mart is going to have hydroponic basil.  Ummm, no.  
  4. I didn't put it in the pic, but I got three coupons off of the biscuits...plus I got a $4 voucher off of my grocery bill for my next trip.  
All in all it was a good trip...can't wait to hear about yours!

No comments:

Post a Comment